This fresh recipe is wonderful with tortilla chips or poured over eggs, fish or added to tacos!
• 1 can whole, peeled tomatoes (fire roasted is nice here)
• 1 cup cilantro, chopped, leaves only
• ½ cup red onion, diced
• Serrano peppers, roasted and chopped fine
• 2 Tbs lime juice
• 1 Tbs TAO extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium avocado, sliced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Pepitas, roasted (we prefer Stonybrook Pepitas)
Drain the whole, peeled tomatoes, chop them up, and mix with 1 cup chopped cilantro (no stems), ½ cup diced red onion, 2 roasted and finely chopped serrano peppers, 1 Tbs EVOO and 2 Tbsp. lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix in some toasted and ground pepitas for a delicious pumpkin salsa fresca. Serve with tortilla chips and sliced avocado