Easy Seven Layer Hummus Dip
Adapted from Amanda Paa at Heartbeet Kitchen:
Instead of serving a classic seven-layer dip (one with salsa, refried beans, and guacamole), try this fresh and healthy version. Scatter the layers atop your favorite homemade hummus recipe, but you can definitely use store-bought to make this a simple and quick dish.
Obviously this seven-layer hummus dip is first and foremost a dip. But! Here are a couple of leftover ideas for you:
• as a spread for a vegetarian wrap, stuffed with brown rice and romaine lettuce
• as a base for poached eggs
• as a grain bowl component
Amanda likes to serve this dip by spreading the hummus onto this marble platter, but if you’re taking this to a party, it transports well in a simple glass dish.
• 12 oz. your favorite hummus recipe, or 12 oz. store-bought hummus
• 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
• 1/2 cup quartered cherry or halved grape tomatoes
• 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper strips from a jar with liquid drained
• 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
• 1/2 cup drained, chopped artichoke hearts
• 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 2 teaspoons Pink Peppercorn Thyme or Greek Freak spice blend from Spiceologist
Marinate the components: In a medium bowl, add chopped cucumber, tomato pieces, red bell pepper strips, Kalamata olives, chopped artichoke hearts and feta cheese. Sprinkle mixture with 1 ½ teaspoons Pink Peppercorn Thyme or Greek Freak spice blend and drizzle with olive oil to coat. Gently stir mixture and let stand at room temp for about 15 minutes.
Spread the hummus on the bottom of a large glass dish or marble platter and top with cucumber, tomatoes, red bell pepper, olives and artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with feta, remaining teaspoon of spice blend and drizzle with olive oil.