PORK TENDERLOIN WITH BALSAMIC STRAWBERRIES
Adapted from Southern Living April 2013
YIELD: 4 Servings
• 1 3lb. pkg pork tenderloins
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
• 10 bacon slices
• 2 pkg. 8oz. Haricot verts green beans
• 2 tbsp EVOO, divided
• 4 garlic cloves, divided
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar – TAO traditional, strawberry, fig or pomegranate
• 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
• 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
1. Preheat grill to 400-500 heat. Sprinkle pork with pepper and 1 tsp salt. Wrap 5 bacon slices around each tenderloin and secure with toothpicks.
2. Place green beans, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves whole garlic, & remaining tsp. salt in heavy duty foil and toss to coat. Make packet with foil.
3. Turn off one side of grill. Arrange pork and foil packet over unlit side cover grill lid and cook 25-30 min.
4. Meanwhile, mince remaining garlic cloves; sauté in remaining olive oil over med. heat 2-3 min until golden. Add vinegar; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 5 min. Remove from heat and add strawberry preserves. Set aside half of this mixture for basting.
5. Stir fresh strawberries into remaining mixture. Remove foil pack from grill. Transfer pork to lit side. Baste with balsamic mixture and grill 5 minutes turning once at 2.5 minutes.
6. Plate with beans and drizzle rest of balsamic mix over sliced pork.