This is a great appetizer by itself when served with crusty bread. Or, use a component of a composed cheese board, antipasto platter or charcuterie board.
Serves about 8 as an appetizer.
Olive Oil Marinated Olives:
• 1 cup TAO EVOO + 4 strips lemon rind OR 1 cup TAO Lemon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• ½ tsp red pepper flakes
• 2 cups mixed olives, drained and rinsed of brine – We recommend our Spanish olives from Torremar
• 1 TBS oregano white balsamic
• 3 cups TAO EVOO
• 2 TBS Greek Freak seasoning or Pink Peppercorn Thyme seasoning**
• 2 x 1lb chunks of feta cheese, drained and patted dry, cut in ½ inch chunks
**2 TBS of fresh/dried herbs will work here too: rosemary, bay leaves, thyme
1. Place the lemon olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic (add lemon rind if not using lemon olive oil) in a medium frying pan over medium heat.
2. Cook for 4 minutes or until the garlic is golden. Add the olives and vinegar and toss until
1. Place the oil and seasonings in a small saucepan over very low heat and gently cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until the oil becomes fragrant.
2. Place the feta in a large heatproof bowl or large jar. Pour over the oil mixture and set aside to
cool and marinate.
Note: The marinated feta and olives will keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.