• ¼ cup sugar
• 1/3 cup TAO Grapefruit or Citrus Mint balsamic
• 1 ½ tsp finely grated onion (we use a handheld micro planer)
• 1 teaspoon yellow mustard powder
• ½-1 tsp salt
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil From The Ancient Olive (a mild to medium robust EVOO may work best here)
• 1 ½ tsp poppy seeds
• 4 medium pink or red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
• 4 medium avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
• Bibb lettuce or organic mixed baby field greens
In a bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Just before serving, stir salad dressing. Arrange grapefruit and avocados on lettuce-lined plates; drizzle with desired amount of dressing.
Yield: 8-10 servings