Serves: serves 4-6
This quick and easy salad is perfect for any occasion and is ideal when your current stock/selection of tomatoes is not very good. The fragrant and sweet balls of cantaloupe add a surprisingly delicious twist to the standard Caprese salad and we promise you won’t miss the tomatoes! Besides, if you’ve ever enjoyed a slice of cantaloupe wrapped up in salty prosciutto, you already know how delicious this combination is going to be. A total crowd pleaser!
• 1 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
• 1 8-ounce container mozzarella balls (pearl size balls are a good choice here)
• 8-10 slices prosciutto, chopped/torn into large pieces
• ¼ cup basil leaves, thinly sliced• ¼ cup mint leaves, thinly sliced
• 3 tablespoons TAO extra-virgin olive oil or TAO Basil olive oil
• 1½ tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon TAO Peach or Citrus Mint or Banana white balsamic vinegar
• Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste Instructions
1. Scoop balls from the cantaloupe with a small spoon or melon baller and add to serving bowl or platter.
2. Add the mozzarella pearls and the chopped/torn prosciutto. Sprinkle with the chopped basil and mint leaves.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar together and season with Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the cantaloupe and toss to coat. Season with more salt and pepper and additional herbs to taste.