A creamy, healthy, festive spiced carrot dip with pomegranate seeds, fresh mint, pistachios and sesame seeds is a wonderfully bright dip. Serve with grilled bread, mini naan or crudité.
Serves 6 – 8
- 1 ½ lbs peeled carrots
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup TAO EVOO – you can be creative here and use a flavored olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey from Honey Feast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- chopped toasted pistachios
- toasted sesame seeds, black and white seeds if possible
- pomegranate seeds
- torn mint
- crudité, charred bread or mini naan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the carrots and blanch them for about 6 minutes, or until fork tender. Transfer the carrots to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Trim and discard the ends of the carrots, cut the carrots into chunks, and add them to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the tahini, olive oil, water, lemon juice, honey, salt, smoked paprika, coriander, and cumin. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed. Taste the dip and season with more salt, honey, or lemon juice if desired.
- Garnish the dip with the pistachios, sesame seeds, pomegranate seeds, torn mint, and a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with crudité, charred bread or mini naan.
This recipe and photo were adapted directly from Kayla Howey’s beautiful blog and website, The Original Dish, https://www.theoriginaldish.com/2019/04/05/spiced-carrot-dip-with-pomegranate-mint/#tasty-recipes-6876